You can get help enrolling in Marketplace insurance at various locations across the state. Below are organizations around Maine where you can find free in-person help to enroll in health coverage. You can also find local help by clicking on this Assisters list, available here.
Consumers for Affordable Health Care
Consumers for Affordable Health Care (CAHC) offers:
- statewide, toll-free assistance to Mainers seeking help understanding MaineCare and private Marketplace health coverage options.
- free and confidential help with applying and enrolling in coverage.
- information about other programs that may help you access the health care you need.
- assistance and trainings for nonprofits, social service organizations, health care providers and others on helping people access health coverage or health care programs
- our Consumer Assistance Program’s HelpLine is available Monday-Friday from 8:30 – 4:30
CAHC also has limited capacity for in-person enrollments so if you need help, please call us at 1.800.965.7476 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We try our best to respond to all messages within 24 hours.
Community Health Centers
Community Health Centers exist in high need communities throughout Maine that are designated as either medically underserved areas or populations. Community Health Centers provide comprehensive primary care to anyone who walks through the door, regardless of health insurance status or ability to pay. With 20 Community Health Centers and over 70 service locations across the state, Maine’s Community Health Center network spans as far north as Fort Kent, as far south as North Berwick, eastward to Lubec and westward to Rangeley. Several locations have Certified Application Counselors who can help Mainers enroll in coverage so use the link below to see if there’s a Community Health Center near you.
COMMUNITY ACTION PROGRAMS
Community Action Programs have Navigators who are trained to offer you in-person assistance in understanding your options on the Health Insurance Marketplace. They also offer in-person help in applying or answer your questions over the phone. Their services are free and unbiased. Additionally, they can help you access programs that could lower your monthly premiums and reduce your out-of-pocket costs.