Brand New Special Enrollment Announced!
There’s a new Special Enrollment Period! Many can enroll in, or change their current Marketplace health insurance plans through August 15, 2021.
- Create an account to start an application or log in to healthcare.gov to update an existing one.
- You can preview 2021 plans and prices before you apply! Answer a few questions to see plans and estimated prices based on your income. If you get stuck Call the Maine Health Insurance Consumer Assistance Program at 1-800-965-7476 for help. If you need to leave a message it will be returned as soon as possible.
- If you have a qualifying life event or are eligible for MaineCare, (Medicaid) or the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP), you can apply any time.
We are very excited about this new chance for people to sign up. So many people who were used to job-based insurance now need to figure out new systems. Call us for help! CAHC HelpLine: 1-800-965-7476
USE THESE TIPS FOR Health Insurance Marketplace and MaineCare:
- Save all paperwork together in a safe place.
- Keep copies of your health related papers for at least two years.
- Always write down the date you send paperwork. Keep a copy of what you send.
- Always be sure your medical appointment is with someone your insurance company says is an in-network provider. Out of network providers cost a lot more.
Consumers for Affordable Health care
Our helpline number is 1-800-965-7476 and available 8:30 PM – 4:30 PM Monday – Friday
Maine’s Health Insurance Consumer Assistance Program helps people in Maine with health coverage. We can help you apply for coverage, navigate hospital financial assistance programs, surprise medical bills, health care denials, claims issues, and negotiating payment plans with doctors, clinics, hospitals and collections agencies. We can also refer you to health coverage enrollment assistance in your area.